|“||I'm the Hormone Monster! I'm not a fairy... I mean sure, I fuck around with dudes but I'm not a fairy.||”|
—Maurice the Hormone Monster to Nick Birch in Ejaculation
Maurice "Maury" Beverley is a being that appears during the stages of male human puberty, and can only be seen through those who are not going or are already going through it.
In the series he is one of the main character hormone monsters, including himself; Maurice, Connie the Hormone Monstress, Ricky, and Tyler. It is unknown if different people have different hormone monsters, or if they share any due to lack of depth on how he can be seen by other people and entities, such as ghosts and various living people.
Before Big Mouth
Maurice was born in the Archean eon during the Earth's formation. According to him, the planet was formed by a massive blue extraterrestrial through intercourse with the Earth. When lakes and lava pools started forming, he jumped out of them and was created. Although he claimed to be 70,000,000+ years old, which isn't very close to when the Earth started forming. He and Connie had their first kiss during the beginning of the Ice Age, when "the dinosaurs left on their spaceships".
During Big Mouth
He is currently Andrew's hormone monster that he constantly talks to. He mainly appears whenever Andrew is horny, or just needs someone to talk to about being horny or sex.
Maury is a sex crazed monster that talks to Andrew about masturbating and sexual intercourse. He gives into Andrew's sexual desires and usually tells him what and what not to do with situations. He seems to not be turned off by anything and will go to any lengths to get Andrew to jack off.
Maurice has somewhat of a heart-shaped head with brown hair covering it everywhere except for the face. He has bushy eyebrows and green eyes. His entire body is green and he has hair covering both his forearms and his lower body. He has a tail that looks like one of a deer or a rabbit and has dark green hoofs. His nose is also shaped like a penis.
- His design appears to draw influence from that of Roger Smith, an alien character from the Seth MacFarlane series "American Dad." Whether or not this is intentional or not is unknown.
- Both Roger and Maurice share similar bodily proportions; a large head and a pear-shaped body with short legs and gangly arms. Though Maurice is notably larger than Roger and has a smaller head relative to his size as well as shorter arms.
- They both have a similar walking gait and are often seen holding their arms up and pronating their hands
- Maurice is seen to have a tattoo of Connie's name written on his left forearm - likely evidence of his relationship with her.
- His appearence is clearly based in the satyrs and fauns of the Ancient Greek and Roman mythologies. These are mythological creatures with the appearance of men with tails and ears of donkey or goat, small horns on the forehead, flat noses, thick lips, goat legs. In Greek legends satyrs often attempts to seduce or rape nymphs and mortal women alike, usually with little success. They are also sometimes shown masturbating or engaging in bestiality